Thursday, November 03, 2005

Picture of the day - 11/3

Here was my inspiration
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
" A photograph is a drawing with light. ... And in photography, the lens, light and the negative or digital sensor are to the photograph what the pencil, graphite and the paper are to pencil drawings: the instrument, the medium and the support." Paraphrased fromMaking Pictures by Ben Lifson January 2005

What does that mean to us PODers... Light is as important to your picture as your camera and the film or digital sensor. (Sometimes it is more important.) It is one of your tools. Look at the light (or lack of light) and see how if effects your picture. Draw with light today... See how light changes during the day... start observing light and then actively use to make a picture...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now here's the problem. I have no sunlight today. It's a dark, dreary, rainy, Seattle day. So, I'm off to my photography class, and then to take photos and I'll see what I can do in almost no light.

I'm back, and on my way home from class, I saw the drops of rain being highlighted on some leaves. So here is my photo of the day.

rainonleaves

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home