Sunday, November 13, 2005

Scrapbooking Weekend - Photo of the day 11/12 & 11/13

This past weekend was our Western Washington Scrappers retreat at Ft. Worden State Park in Port Townsend, WA. Just imagine, tons of paper, adhesives, and embellishments filling 6-foot tables of over 100 scrappers. Personally I took more scrapbooking supplies than I did luggage for myself. I was successful in getting a bunch of pages done in an album that I am doing for a friend of mine in California, and a few pages done for my son's album.

ftworden4

Ft. Worden is an old military base built in a beautiful Victorian style. Most of us had our our own room in the old barracks. This place has a history. You can almost feel the ghosts walking the same floors that creak below your feet as you walk. The barracks don't have a scary feel - just a feel of history. It really is an inspirational place. It's right on the water and some of the rooms even had a view of the water.
ftworden1

So, for photo of the day(s), I was walking around Ft. Worden and took a trip down by the Lighthouse early in the morning. OK, truthfully, I had been scoping out the best times to photograph this lighthouse and I decided morning would be the best to get the true feel of the place. So I headed down there right after I woke up this morning. It was more overcast than I had expected, but I still love the erie feel of the place. The lighthouse overlooks the Strait of Juan de Fuca which connects the Pacific Ocean with the Puget Sound. So while I was there, I saw many HUGE cargo ships on their way out to sea.

ftworden3

ftworden2

4 Comments:

Blogger SageHen said...

Oh, wow. You saved the best for last. I love the lighting and the way you framed the lighthouse between the trees.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

awesome pictures!! it sounds like you had a great time, what a neat place to have a scrap retreat at. :)

10:53 PM  
Blogger Melissa Reid said...

Nice framing on the last one!

8:39 AM  
Blogger daphne said...

I love the last two photos! Just beautiful! glad you had fun at your scrapping retreat too...sounds like a blast!

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home