Junkitz Honorable Mention for me!
Kind of last minute, I entered the Junkitz design team competition. The funny thing is that I had never used a Junkitz product until I went to the CK Scrapbooking Convention in Bellevue last month. I had signed up for the Prima Flowers class. And when I went to it on Thursday night, it was cancelled. So I was offered my money back or I could sign up to take any class offered that night that wasn't full. Since I had paid for the ferry, a hotel room and had nothing else to do and the Junkitz class was available, I traded into that. I figured I'd check out their stuff and see what it was all about. I had heard the "roar" about the Design Team Competition on 2Peas, but I haven't made it a habit of entering contests where you have to buy their product to compete.
I took the class presented by Teresa Collins. And I loved it. The only thing I wish was that I had brought all the supplies that we needed to complete the project. But since I wasn't planning on taking the class, I was missing a few things so the class project that I did was only part way completed. I really enjoyed the way Teresa taught the class. I loved the project, and I realized when working with the products that they were really right up my alley and definately fit my scrapbooking style.
The next day, I bought a bunch of Junkitz products and when I got home I went online and tracked down the Designer Draft Competition and sent in my entry a couple weeks later.
And how fortunate was that... It makes me believe in destiny. If the Prima Flowers class hadn't been cancelled. I would have never taken the Junkitz class. And I would never have entered the contest.
Here is a link with the results to the contest, complete with the pages that we created.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home