Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!

J spent the night at Grandma's last night and so he was visited by the Easter Bunny twice. Once at her house, and again when he got home. Grandma took him to church with her, so the Bunny had ample time to hide the eggs outside at our home. When J got home, he spied an egg near the sidewalk, rushed in and grabbed his basket and began the search. There was such a big smile on his face! The bunny even left a basket of gifts inside the house - a game and some new crayons and color books, and a package of Peeps. The basket with the gifts is the same basket that I put Jared in as a newborn and took pictures of him, six years ago. And that little yellow chicken was tucked in the basket with him. It's hard to believe that he actually used to fit INSIDE that basket.

Today is quite a different day from the cold, rainy day yesterday. It rained this morning, but by 10:30am, it had cleared off and was turning out to be a really nice day. We fixed the traditional spiral cut ham, potatos, beans, and just for Grandma, I tried my hand at making hot cross buns. Mmmm... not exactly on my diet, but boy were they good.

Then we all headed outside to continue working in the yard. Ed planted the peach tree that I bought last week, and I pulled weeds in the flower beds. J played with his friends outside. As the day winds down, I'm grateful that today turned out to be such a wonderful day.

IMG_3932

IMG_3944

IMG_3948

IMG_3952

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home