Sunday, April 23, 2006

Tulip Festival

Yesterday Ed's mom and I took a break from the routine and drove to Mt. Vernon, WA to see the tulips in bloom. We took the roundabout way through Pt. Townsend, stopping at Ft. Worden State Park to look around, and then taking the ferry to Widbey Island, driving north through Deception Pass and then on to Mt. Vernon. What a beautiful day to take a ride. The fields are in bloom and they were absolutely beautiful. The colors from a distance looked like a painting. And close up the flowers were beautiful. What a fantastic sight. There is so much to do at the tulip festival and we only got to do a small part of it before we had to turn around and come home. Next year we've decided to go up one day, spend the night so we have an additional day to take it all in.

I ordered bulbs for next fall. I bought some potted tulips for now. And I even brought home a bunch of cut tulips to decorate my table.

IMG_4049

IMG_4084

IMG_4092

IMG_4128

2 Comments:

Blogger {Paige} said...

These are beautiful!! Sounds like a fun way to spend a couple of days.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Daisy or "E" said...

Tulips are my favorite! Makes me want to move and start a tulip farm.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home