Happy Mother's Day!
For Mother's Day, J gave me a tripod for my camera. So, of course, I had to take it out to use it. We went to the park. It was a little too sunny - seems strange to say that living where we do. But I had a hard time controling the harsh shadows at 10:30 in the morning. Never-the-less, I did get a few nice shots.


Now the funny thing is that on our little photoshoot at the park, I found a shady area with some nice trees and a gorgeous rhododendron in full bloom. And I settled J in next to the rhodie. The art director in me came out and I kept saying, "J, move closer to the bloom. Put your hand up next to the bloom. Act like you're smelling it." When all of a sudden, J let out a little scream and stepped back and yelled "SNAKE".
"Oh sure, like there is a snake in the rhodie." I thought it was just another ploy to get out of getting his picture taken. Ed jumped in and sure enough, hanging from one of the branches, that I had just told J to stick his face in, was a snake. You can barely see it hanging just right of the big majenta bloom. Needless to say, Ed was to the rescue. He pulled the snake from the branch for us all to examine. It was dead. It looked like it had been partially eaten by a bird and probably dropped on the branch. J really didn't think it was very funny and hasn't let me forget what a mean mom I am to make him stick his face up to a dead snake. But hey, at least it wasn't alive.

1 Comments:
I don't blame him I'd freak out too!!! I don't do snakes! Hope you had a great day! We had your rainy weather today!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home